Thursday, November 18, 2010

Grandma Ethel

In September I had the opportunity to go with my parents to Texas and visit my Grandma Ethel.  She turned 98 this year.  We figured it had been about 25 years since I had last gone to Texas to visit.  It seemed like nothing had changed.  My Grandma looked the same to me, the smell of her house, her house itself hadn't changed, the property, etc.   

We celebrated her 98th birthday with all of her family.  She was thrilled that everyone would come and spend the day with her.  She kept saying that the best thing she had was all of her family around her.  I loved watching her interact with the kids and to see how proud of each of them she was.

I am so greatful that I had the chance to spend a week with my parents.  It was so nice of Andrew to take the time off of work so that I could go.  He stayed the whole week with the kids being Mr. Mom.  I will always be greatful I had the chance to visit my Grandma.  She is hoping that maybe all of our family could come for her 100th birthday. 


 We took the oportunity to go to the Houston Temple.

 Grandma Ethel's house on the left and her daughter Francis's house on the right.

No comments: